Saturday, March 18, 2006

New Goals

I've come to the realization that, even though I have trained for the Capital City Distance Classic, it is impractical for me to actually enter it. I'm coordinating a group of volunteers who will monitor the course. It seems silly to have all of them working hard, watching walkers, while I'm enjoying myself in the race.

This bothered me because I plan to complete 6 half marathons this year. Having one in April would make things much easier.

As it turns out, there is another half in Xenia, OH the weekend after! All I have to do is change my training slightly - do 8 miles this week, 10 miles next week, then taper - and I'll be fine! Xenia will be a much smaller race. I'm sure I will be alone most of the way. However, I did notice there were several people who finished last year's race in over 3 hours, so I might be able to find someone to walk with.

Right now it looks like my half marathon schedule will go like this:
  • Xenia, OH - April 9
  • Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati - May 7
  • Cleveland Marathon, Cleveland - May 21
  • I can't remember the name, Columbus, OH - July 22
  • News and Sentinel, Parkersburg, WV - August 19
  • Air Force Marathon, Dayton, OH - September 16

If anyone is planning to enter any of these, let me know!

No comments: