Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Cutting it Short

The sun was shining and it was beautiful today! I couldn't wait to get out and walk. Because I couldn't get out until late afternoon I had planned to head to the library to return a couple of audio books. (I have to make a confession here. I frequently misplace CDs and tapes from audio books. I usually find them eventually, but it's a royal pain when I can't.) I couldn't find all of the tapes for the book that was due, so decided to go to the post office and check my mail instead - about half as far.

In the 30 minutes I looked for tapes, the sun started to go down and it got a little chillier. Halfway to the post office I was thrilled I was not going all the way to the library. My legs were frozen! I stopped into a grocery store just to thaw before I went back home. I also stopped at a gas station to get some coffee.

Winter sun is a little misleading. It gives you the false impression that it is warmer than it is. I was wearing blue jeans, which is one of the worst things to wear this time of year. Cold denim is COLD! I later discovered it was about 15 degrees again today.

Still it is great to be out walking - even if I was freezing.

No comments: