Thursday, December 27, 2007

Zoo Lights

I usually get the "after holiday blues" a few days after Christmas. Before the holiday everything is crazy and stressful, but once the day is over it all hits me and I get that emotional "crash."

Exercise and sunshine are great for combating those feelings. Another thing that helps is visiting the Columbus Zoo Wildlights holiday display.

We went out to the zoo tonight and had a great time! The weather was perfect - temps in the 50s and no wind, the sky was clear. And because Christmas is over, it wasn't very crowded. (I'm not good with heavy crowds or being behind slow walking people.) We weren't walking fast, but we were faster than the crowds in a typical shopping mall.

The lights were great! It definitely put me in a festive mood. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a light dusting of snow on the ground.

The best part is, I got my family out walking with me, and we had a great time doing it.

No comments: