Saturday, January 19, 2008

Delivery Problems

A friend in Georgia just received his winter issue of the magazine yesterday! The magazine mailed over a month ago. One woman here in Central Ohio just received hers last week even though I received mine nearly three weeks ago.

I can't believe there are subscribers who have received their magazines so late!

The people in the industry have no answers for me. Printers and mailing houses say two weeks for bulk rate is about as long as it takes. One postal employee told me four weeks was pretty good. (He was joking with me about other things, so I don't know if he was serious.)

So, I don't know what to do. I tried to get the Winter issue out early enough that most people could take advantage of the Gift Giving Guide. Receiving a magazine four weeks after it mails is unacceptable.

I will continue to see what can be done to get it to you faster - short of mailing the magazines first class.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

FYI, I don't have mine yet... I live in Salt Lake City. I'm sure it's coming, and I'm not irritated or anything. Don't stress too much about it. I don't want the magazine to get too expensive because of mailing costs! Just wanted you to know.