The weather was beautiful today, so the trail at Antrim Park was very crowded. It gets this way in the early spring and late in the fall.
Though it is great so many people are out getting some exercise, the parking is tight, and many people not used to being on these trails can make it less fun.
In honor of spring coming and the weather being great, the following are a couple of walking trail rules of etiquette.
1. Walk to the right side of the trail so that faster walkers, runners and bikes can easily get around you.
2. If you have dogs or small children with you, keep them close.
3. If you are with someone, don't block the trail -- don't walk more than two across.
4. Watch out for bikes. Look before crossing trails so you don't walk in front of them.
5. If you need to stop suddenly (tie your shoe?), step off the trail so that you are out of the way.
6. Watch where you spit.
OK, I know none my regular readers need these reminders, but every spring I feel the need to post something like this. Thanks for letting me vent.