Sunday, June 25, 2006

Eating Better

I really have to try to eat better. I felt inspired before I went to the grocery store today and picked up ingredients for two different salads. One a Greek salad with a wide variety of veggies, feta and a homemade dressing. The cookbook I picked it out of said it could be a main course. The other is a simple fruit salad with fresh pineapple, cantaloupe, grapes, etc., and no dressing. I had no idea how LARGE of a fruit salad it would end up being - and I used just half of the melon!

Unfortunately, I put both of them together today, so we have two huge bowls of salad in the fridge, and you can't really eat both of them at the same meal. Not quite sure how I will work this, but I see a lot of fresh fruits and veggies in my life over the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Thanks, Larry. I should check out the book. Until then, I really think I am most deficient when it comes to fruit. I don't know why, but I don't ever crave fruit. If someone hands it to me, I think, "OK, that apple sounds good." But I don't think to eat an apple. It definitely will take some work on my part. The fruit salad was good, and I did eat a lot of it.

In the meantime, I've learned that making two huge salads on the same day will cause a great waste of healthy foods! LOL