Monday, June 18, 2007

Training for Crim 10 Miler

I wasn't able to walk on a measured track today, so I walked for over 45 min. to be sure I walked an entire 3 miles. The temps were in the mid 90s here, and my son had a baseball game at 6:30 p.m., so I was worried about when I'd be able to fit in the distance. I got home about 8:30 and was out the door before 9. It was a great time to walk. It had cooled off a little, the wind was blowing like it wanted to rain, and traffic in the neighborhood was light. I have a headlamp I don't wear often, but I did tonight. It really is not bright enough to light up the sidewalk, other than pointing out major sidewalk shifts, but at least I knew the few cars I encountered could see me when I crossed the street.

At some baseball games I'll be able to walk around the field. I thought I would do that tonight, but this field was fenced. Actually, it worked out better this way.

The other cool thing is, when training for my first fall marathon, I ended up doing a lot of my summer miles in my neighborhood, late at night. As I was walking tonight, it felt just like when I was walking all those years ago. It felt great!

No comments: