Saturday, November 03, 2007

Early Friday Walk

Yesterday I had the chance to take a morning walk before buckling down to work on the magazine for the day. It was a cool morning and still a little dark as I head out the door. I don't normally get the chance to walk in the morning during the week, and it felt great. It's quite a bit different from the afternoon and evening walks I normally take.

As I walked I saw plenty of people scraping their windshields. I'm surprised at the number of people in my neighborhood who do not leave their houses before 8. The traffic was different, the sounds of the neighborhood were different, and seeing the kids walking to school was different. I almost laughed aloud at one little boy who ran past me who was obviously going to be late.

Though I started work later than I had wanted, I felt great the rest of the day. I think I could get used to this.

No comments: