Monday, January 23, 2012

Speed

I had a great speed workout tonight!

When I got home it wasn't dark yet, but it did look like it might rain again. I rushed outside in light walking pants, a light long-sleeved shirt and wind-resistant jacket. While walking my warm up lap, I realized the temps had dropped in the amount of time it took me to change and head outside. I went home to grab gloves and a hat -- I was cold!

Though the total workout was only 36 minutes, it was intense 3 min fast, 2 min of rest repeated six times. After the first few laps, I was sweating pretty hard. And I was able to finish before it started raining again!

Though it can be hard to maintain my training this time of year, I have been working hard to keep up with the speed workouts. I have to admit, following the Olympic 50K Racewalk Trials yesterday did make it a little easier to get out for a speed workout today.




2 comments:

Dan Molnar said...

Thank you for sharing your speed workout. This is good information.

Cindi said...

Thank you! I'm glad you can use it.