Thursday, February 02, 2012

Sunny Sunday Miles







When my son plays sports, it is harder for me to get my long slow training days in on Saturday mornings. And with the rain and snow we have had already this month, it has been even harder to get my mileage in on other days.

Lucky for me I woke up Sunday morning to sunny skies and clear, dry streets. (It snowed on Saturday.) Though I was excited to be able to walk on a chilly, sunny morning, I needed to get in 6 miles and wasn't overly thrilled about that. I knew that I was going to have to trick myself into finishing.

After some thought, I decided to go to Sharon Woods Park. It has a 3.8-mile loop which makes it difficult to stop in the middle. If I had gone to Antrim Park, and had to walk five 1.2-mile loops, I would have been tempted to stop early.

I ended up walking for an estimated 6.15 miles for 1:23. My slowest mile was 13:46 and my fastest was 13:18. Not a bad pace for not getting all of my training miles in. And if I'm walking a 13:18 mile without pushing, imagine how fast I will be if I do push!

No comments: