Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Life Gets in the Way

I have not been blogging or walking because of the health of a family member and travel needed. Though there are plenty of issues I'd love to discuss, they probably are not appropriate for this type of blog.

Through this I learned something important:

Though I should put some things on hold (such as blogs), when there is a great deal of stress and time commitment, it really is not a good idea to totally quit walking. Rather than sitting around in waiting rooms twiddling my thumbs, I probably would have felt better over all if I had taken a few short walks around the block. I'm sure the stress that I'm holding between my shoulder blades would be reduced if I had. I probably would have been less inclined to eat so many French fries, too.

When we are taking care of those who need us, it is just as important to take care of ourselves.

No comments: