This bothered me because I plan to complete 6 half marathons this year. Having one in April would make things much easier.
As it turns out, there is another half in Xenia, OH the weekend after! All I have to do is change my training slightly - do 8 miles this week, 10 miles next week, then taper - and I'll be fine! Xenia will be a much smaller race. I'm sure I will be alone most of the way. However, I did notice there were several people who finished last year's race in over 3 hours, so I might be able to find someone to walk with.
Right now it looks like my half marathon schedule will go like this:
- Xenia, OH - April 9
- Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati - May 7
- Cleveland Marathon, Cleveland - May 21
- I can't remember the name, Columbus, OH - July 22
- News and Sentinel, Parkersburg, WV - August 19
- Air Force Marathon, Dayton, OH - September 16
If anyone is planning to enter any of these, let me know!