Sunday, March 12, 2006

Update

First: I'll just say that both kids are recovering beautifully! Thank you everyone who asked about them. Our daughter was back at school on Monday and is already caught up on her classes. Our son's nose is back to it's normal size and is not longer crooked!

Second: The magazine is at the printer, the proof has been approved and the mailing list will be sent Monday. It should be out in just a couple of days. Woo Hoo!

Third: I walked 10 miles on Saturday in training for the April 1 Half Marathon. Unfortunately, I got blisters for the first time in years! I'm not sure if it is shoes, because I have not walked that far in this brand before or because I didn't wear my favorite brand of socks. Regardless, it felt great and we averaged just a little faster than a 15-min mile. Not bad considering I'm recovering from injuries last year. The weather was beautiful for a change and didn't start raining until I was in my car on the way home.

Fourth: Today I interviewed Steve Vaught - The Fat Man Walking! What an interesting guy! I had planned the usual 1-2 hours for the interview and it lasted much longer. I could have stayed and talked to him for hours longer. I hope you all will enjoy reading about him in the Summer issue of WALK!

I think that's it. You all are now officially caught up!

No comments: