Saturday, September 13, 2008

What a strange morning it was! By the time Deb pulled into my driveway about 6:30 to give me a ride to our group walk, it was pouring something fierce and the thunder and lightening was pretty intense. I got soaked just getting to her car!

Lucky for me Deb has this subconscious control over the weather. We waited a few minutes for the rain to let up a little and by the time we arrived at the park, the rain had stopped. We were able to start our 8 miles just 5 min late.

Others in our group joined us at 8 and we ended up with about 9 people! After our walk we had a great breakfast at Bob Evans. (If you put lipstick on a flying pig it is still a flying pig!)

It's days like this one that I am really glad I'm a member of such a fun walking club and that I have so many nice people to train with. I'm confident we are all going to be ready for the New Albany Walking Classic Half Marathon next weekend!

No comments: