Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Pig Rocks!

I had a great time in Cincinnati! The expo was fantastic but the race was even better! Well organized, plenty of on-course volunteers, lots of goodies at the end - it was great!

I met up with a couple of friends at the start. We tried to maintain a 15-min mile, but it was difficult! I had never entered this event because of the hills. Many said if I could do Parkersburg, I can do Cinci. Others said there is so much entertainment on the course, you will never notice the hills. Well, they all lied - or at the very least exaggerated! I was aware of every single hill. The one we went up in Eden Park seemed to be the toughest. Luckily, after the turn-around, the rest of the course was mostly down hill. Unfortunately, going down hill can sometimes be pretty tough, too.

It was a great weekend and a great event! I'll definitely do it again!

No comments: