Thursday, May 04, 2006

Pigs are Flying

I'm getting ready for the Flying Pig this weekend. I LOVE expos! I love seeing all the new equipment and the creative booth displays. There's a buzz of excitement in the air. What is especially exciting about a fitness expo is seeing all of the healthy, active people walking around. Most of the people I see have just finished a strenuous training program and are ready for a major event - usually a marathon or half marathon. It takes a commitment to be in shape for these types of events, even if you are "just walking the half". (Sarcasm intended there.)

Most walkers like the idea of a WALK! Magazine, even if they don't subscribe. It's pretty cool when subscribers come up to the booth just to say how much they like the magazine.

I'm especially excited because I'm entering the half marathon this weekend. I've only done the 10K in Cinci before, and I'm really looking forward to this race.

So if you are in Cinci this weekend, stop by my booth on Saturday (Friday I need to leave early), or say Hi during the race. I'll be wearing a WALK! Magazine shirt.

No comments: