Sunday, September 09, 2007

Did 10

OK, I just got back from doing 10 miles.

It was a strange day for a walk. I waited for it to stop raining, but waited too long. On my way to the park, it started raining again. It stopped when I arrived, but as soon as I started walking it started up a third time. It was a nice warm steady rain, and was almost as warm as bath water. Because it was warm out, the rain was not really a bother other than my shoes getting wet.

After the rain stopped, and the sun came out, it was VERY steamy out there! I could see the steam rising off the asphalt of the bike trail. Thank goodness for the shady areas.

It was a well needed walk. I have been so focused on trying to finish the Fall issue, I really needed the break. I don't even regret walking this afternoon instead of this morning. I needed to get a few things finished before I felt comfortable walking for 2.5 hours. I had tried to map out a route from home that would not be too boring so I could save the driving time, but it just wasn't possible.

I'm glad I went. I feel quite a bit more relaxed and able to see the big picture.

No comments: