Saturday, September 01, 2007

Appleton Training - 10-mile Day with Buckeye Striders

What a great morning to get up early and join members of the Buckeye Striders walking club for a 10-mile walk! We met at my favorite Central Ohio park, Sharon Woods, at 7 a.m. (Those of you who know me are probably shocked that I would be at a training walk at 7 a.m. on a Saturday.) I have not met with these fun people in a VERY long time. I was surprised that several members needed to get 10 miles in today.

We had a lot of fun. And during our last 2 miles we met up with others who were doing just 4 miles today. That's what is nice about walking a 4-mile loop. No matter how far we needed to walk, we were going to see the others in our club eventually.

Well Deb and I started out a little too fast. We did our first mile in 14:30, and should have probably walked it in 15:30. I feel so slow all of the time, it's nice to know I can go a little bit faster without being warmed up. But we were tired when we finished our last 2 miles.

It was great to be up so early and get my walk in. Now I have the rest of the day to work on the Fall issue of WALK! Magazine ... and blog.

No comments: