Thursday, October 04, 2007

I Need a Half Marathon!

My legs are getting antsy! I'm feeling a need to walk and I really want another half marathon before it is too cold.

There is a solution - the Columbus Marathon has a half marathon option on October 21. I was thinking about entering, but there are a few things stopping me: 1) I used to be the Walking Director and quit because the race is less walker friendly than it used to be. 2) Prevention Magazine is bring their group of walkers. I've read Prevention, and it is a waste of money! 90% of the articles they publish I could write doing absolutely no research, with the knowledge I have. (I'm not that bright -the magazine is that weak.) 3) This late it is $70 to enter. I'm thinking that $70 for a half marathon just a couple of miles from my house that will require me to start at 7 a.m. instead of 8 a.m. with the runners might be too much money. Besides, I hate getting up extra early for a race.

I can't decide what the most important issue is. It might be that my legs are antsy and I REALLY want a half marathon! Besides, if all of those walkers are willing to read Prevention, imagine how excited they will feel when they discover WALK Magazine!

No comments: