Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chilly 45-minute Walk

Today was an unusually sunny day for January in Central Ohio. I had planned to walk no matter what the weather was like and was glad it was nice. That being said, it was COLD!

I wore one long-sleeved technical shirt, fleece vest, wind-proof jacket, thick walking pants, gloves and ear muffs. I walked for 4 min, decided I was not wearing enough clothes and returned home. I added a long-sleeved shirt and replaced the ear muffs with a knit cap. At first I thought I might be over dressed, but as I walked my arms got colder. Not often do I get colder as I walk - usually once I get warmed up I stay warm.

Anyway, after 45 min I finished my walk and had barely broken a sweat even though I was walking pretty hard. At 8 p.m. it was down to 19 degrees, but I know it wasn't that cold when I was out. (I wish I had checked earlier.)

I'm meeting some friends to walk tomorrow. I hope I do a better job planning what to wear before I leave the house.

No comments: