Sunday, February 24, 2008

Beautiful Winter Days

Though I get really tired of the cold, snow, wind and slush this time of year, it is days like today that make me truly appreciate winter. The temps were in the high 20s or low 30s, there was no wind and the bike trails were extremely clear!

This time of year you sometimes have to juggle your training days based on weather, distance and ice. Today was perfect!

We were about 2 miles down the trail beside the river, and it was beautiful. Though the trees were bare, the contrast between the gray trunks and the white snow caused some great patterns. It reminded me of some of my favorite Bev Doolittle paintings https://www.artifactsgallery.com/art.asp?!=W&ID=12815 & <https://www.artifactsgallery.com/art.asp?!=W&ID=12800>.

We didn't get too hot. The air was brisk and refreshing, but not too cold. I didn't need water until we were at about mile 7. There were not many people on the trail, so it wasn't crowded. The people we did see were extremely friendly. (Even the cute college-aged guys were friendly.)

We had such a great time, I almost felt sorry for people who never get snow.

No comments: