Saturday, February 09, 2008

Fantastic New Park - 6 Miles Today

The Buckeye Striders walking club goes to a bunch of different local parks for our weekly group walks. Today we went to Three Creeks Park. Though it was my first time there, for many members it is their favorite spot to walk, even though it is a long way out.

This park has over 10 miles of trails along creeks, and a varied terrain of wooded areas, prairies and meadows. It is so different from any other parks in central Ohio, it felt as if we had gone somewhere truly special.

Sometimes I can be a stick-in-the-mud. I don't like to drive far too walk and I don't always like change. (I know David, quit laughing.) Today I was really glad that I went the extra 30-min each way to have the opportunity to enjoy this park!

For more info go to www.metroparks.net.

Today's Walk
Deb and I got in 6 miles today while others in our group walked 9 miles. The temps were pretty mild. The Weather Channel said it was in the high 30s, but it sure felt warmer. Surprisingly, I didn't even over dress today! I skipped the fleece vest and kept to just 2 long-sleeved shirts.

No comments: