Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Messy Night

What a difference a day makes! Yesterday, the temperatures were frigid and ice formed on my jacket.

Earlier today it snowed. Tonight it is so warm that the snow has turned to slush. Rather than risk soaking my feet in athletic shoes, I decided to wear winter boots and a winter coat. As I walked, I noticed that many people in my neighborhood did not shovel their sidewalks. (DARN!) As I walked, my boots got more and more wet, and after one unsuccessful leap across a gulley full of water, my right foot became extremely wet!

I ended up walking in the middle of the street because it was the least slushy spot and I didn't have to leap over backed up water to cross the street. Because I had my hood up, I didn't even realize it had started raining.

So, I arrived home with wet feet and a wet coat, but I got my 45 minutes in.

No comments: