I've been reading the book The Blue Zone. It's about the 4 areas of the world where there are the largest population of people who have lived to be over 100. I'm not quite done yet, but I'm inspired! I don't want to give away too much because I'm planning a book review, but here is how the book has affected me so far.
1) I had no problem saying no to French fries and I ordered a baked fish sandwich with a salad instead of a cheeseburger.
2) I've kept fresh fruit cut up and ready to eat in the fridge ... and I'm eating the fruit! (The cantaloupe is a little tasteless, but the rest of the fruit is fantastic!)
3) I've had several meals without meat but featuring beans and rice.
4) I'm having less of a problem getting my walking in.
5) I'm drinking more water.
6) I'm working hard to get to bed earlier. (Five hours of sleep is not enough!)
7) I'm trying to be a better friend.
8) I'm more consistent getting calcium.
9) I'm projecting a more positive attitude and I'm feeling more positive as a result.
And there are more things that I'll keep to myself.
OK, even if I don't live to be 100, however old I live to be I am confident I will feel healthier and enjoy those last years more.