Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Outside in Anaheim


I had planned to get back on the treadmill sometime yesterday. I really want to try mastering that thing. It was grey and chilly most of the day, and I didn't have the right workout clothes for chilly weather, so it made sense.

About 4 p.m. I was free for the day and felt tired and draggy - but the sun was shining! I threw on my workout clothes and just started walking. It was the perfect walking temp and the sun energized me!

Because I'm in the city of Anaheim, I had to stop at nearly every traffic light. I'm not sure if my 20 min out in one direction was even 15 min of actual walking. Then I started crossing the street based on how the lights turned green to keep from stopping so much. Suddenly I looked up and there was a Mickey Mouse roller coaster! I could see a ferris wheel and other rides. I knew Disney is in Anaheim, but I didn't realize I was within walking distance. It also explains why there is nothing to do near this hotel. Everyone who stays here probably goes straight to Disney.

What I love about cities in warm climates and big attractions is that the landscaping is usually awesome! In Ohio, you don't see a lot of streets with medians down the middle covered with great flowers, trees and art. I also love seeing the palm trees lined up along the side of the road. It gave me plenty to look at and kept me entertained.

So, maybe later today I'll try the treadmill again. Yesterday I really needed to be outside. It was great!

No comments: