Friday, April 11, 2008

Walking Clothes

There is something about seeing a photo of yourself in walking clothes that can inspire you to suddenly go shopping. I didn't realize how badly I needed new shorts until I saw some recent pictures. Unfortunately, those photographs were also sent to the local paper for an article about walking. Yuck!

OK, many women will relate to this. It is difficult to find flattering walking clothes when you are over the age of 40. Some shorts are too tiny for "adult" women. Other styles and colors look like they are intended for "old" women. (I don't care what my chronological age is, I will never be old - at least not mentally.) The worst part is, I've been looking for so long, I had given up and just kept wearing what I had.

So, for a few days now I have renewed my search for a pair of shorts that is flattering. Luckily, I came away with one pair of shorts and one skirt that look good with my WALK! Shirts! (Though the skirt is very cute, I have just a couple of tops that look good with it.) Now that I have something that isn't so bad, I think I'll take new pictures this weekend just in case it is not too late.
_______________________________

Update: As I delivered magazines to running stores yesterday, I saw lots of really cute clothes at each store. They even had shorts long enough that I would have considered wearing them. I have to assume that I was so disillusioned for so long I wasn't even looking when they were right in front of me. I didn't try any on due to lack of time, but it was encouraging.

No comments: