Monday, January 05, 2009

Today, I Stopped Eating

That is probably a little melodramatic. I have not stopped eating completely -- at lunch today I just stopped eating when I was full.

Like many people my age, I was taught to eat everything on my plate. When I'm at home, cooking and serving my own food, I'm pretty good about serving up an appropriate amount of food -- unless it is something extremely delicious like my homemade lasagna.

Frequently when I dine out the portions are out of control. And forget Mexican restaurants with the continuous chips and salsa. I can't stop. In addition, I think about the cost. I paid for the food, I want to eat all of it to be sure I got my money's worth. It makes for a bad combination.

So, I'm proud to say that today for the first time in a long time, I stopped eating when I was full instead of finishing every single bite. It's a start. (Yeah, it's a New Year's Resolution.)

No comments: