Monday, January 05, 2009

Walking Cancelled Due to Fiesta Bowl -- Biked Instead

It's amazing how time can get away from you -- especially when the bowl games are aired during the week!

Lots of distractions and delays caused me to postpone walking until I finally realized the Fiesta Bowl was minutes away. Darn! I've been following the Buckeyes for years. I was not going to miss this bowl game.

At the beginning of the second half I went to the basement, dragged out my old exercise bike and rode for 20 min. I pedaled harder during the commercials and waved my arms in the air for a few minutes. My legs felt like lead!

This bike is OLD! I bought it from the Athletic Club of Columbus back when they upgraded their bikes 20 years ago. (I worked there then.) It's a pretty basic Schwinn that features a timer, speed, and a knob that turns manually to affect how hard you have to pedal. It works. (Though it could use some new batteries.)

OK, so I didn't walk -- riding my antique bike counts. To be honest, it was a lot harder.
_________________

PS: For as severe as my cold was yesterday, I'm feeling remarkably good now! I can't believe the difference from this morning!

No comments: