Sunday, December 18, 2005

Early Saturday Walk

Yesterday morning it was beautiful as a group of us walked in Westerville. Though about 20 degrees, there was no wind and the sun began to shine as we walked. It was the first day of the Fleet Feet program to help people train for the Capital City Half Marathon in Columbus, OH April 1. I'm working with the walkers.

There were 8 of us and we had a good time. (There were lots more runners, but just 8 walkers.) I have never met a walker I didn't like!

In addition to making sure I was up early and moving, the walk motivated me! It felt great being out there in the brisk air with the early morning sun. I kept thinking that I should do it every Saturday, not just when I'm in training. I then had the rest of the day for shopping. (I'm not done yet.)

I am really looking forward to the rest of these Saturday walks!

No comments: