Sunday, April 23, 2006

Dumbest Magazine

Every week I check my web site statistics to see how people find me. I can see which sites people link from and if I'm unfamiliar with the site, I look it up.

Today I saw that I had 35 hits from a place called 705 Music Scene. Now why on Earth would anyone there link to WALK! Magazine?

One of the regulars asked, "What's the dumbest magazine you've ever seen?" Low and behold, the second one mentioned was WALK! It was nice of mcface, a Charlotte Hornets fan, to copy and paste the cover of the Spring 06 issue into his posting. We are situated between 24 Magazine (about the show 24) and American Idol the Magazine.

This is the first time I have been slammed like this and I find it hysterical. I can't believe this guy would have even heard about WALK! I must be doing something right.

As George M. Cohan said "I don't care what you say about me, as long as you say something about me, and as long as you spell my name right." And it did bring 35 hits to my web site. Now if I can just get George Carlin to revise the joke he tells referring to a defunct walking publication, I'll have it made.

If any of you are interested, here's the really short discussion: http://the705scene.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=613&highlight=stupid+magazines

No comments: