Saturday, August 12, 2006

Fatman Article Update

Since I first posted regarding Steve Vaught and the negative responses some people had to the article and photos, I have been receiving many unsolicited positive comments. Several people said it was the best article I had written. I was also pleasantly surprised at how much detail of his life they had remembered and the desire to discuss his personal journey and growth. (None of those people read this blog, so it really was unsolicited.)

The difference in response was directly related to the type of walker. The people who liked the article were fitness walkers and hikers. The people who did not care for the article were competitive or racewalkers.

What is so surprising is the strength of the feelings. People either really liked it or really disliked it.

It's been said you can't please everyone. (I'm a parent, I have firsthand experience with this.) I'm still going to try. I'm confident that over time, we will provide a balance of articles so that everyone will find something they like.

No comments: