Tuesday, December 26, 2006

BMV

I walked to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles to get new tags for my car today. (Yes, I just celebrated a birthday.) Looking at the others in line, I assumed I was the only person that day to walk to the BMV. I wonder, am I the ONLY person who walks to the BMV?

People in the U.S. will drive anywhere and everywhere. I've had neighbors ask if my car was out of commission because I walked to the library or the Post Office. But I see others who walk to those types of places, so I'm not alone. But walking to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles seems odd. If I had not had the proper paperwork, it's not like I could have gone out to the parking lot to get it out of my glove compartment.

Luckily, I don't mind people thinking I'm unusual because I walk. Let's all make a resolution! Let's resolve that in 2007 we will let our neighbors think we are a little odd because we walk.

No comments: