Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Eve Calm

Our family has had a very hectic and stressful month. It was extremely difficult to get the regular shopping and holiday preparations completed.

Christmas Eve Day I had free time. I don't know how it happened, but it was really nice. I went down to the walking trail that loops around a little lake, and it was beautiful! The water was smooth as glass and the temps were very mild. As the sun moved down the sky, the oranges and reds reflected off the water beautifully.

What surprised me was there were quite a few people there. Joggers, walkers and fishermen, all enjoying the peace. And they were all friendly.

I even sat on a bench to watch the ducks for a few minutes before heading home.

Two laps and a little over 2 miles is exactly what the doctor ordered!

I hope all of you have a few moments to enjoy some peace and quiet during these hectic days!

No comments: