Saturday, October 25, 2008

I Slept In

True confessions here: I am not a morning person. I am more of a morning person now than I was years ago, but that isn't saying much. The thing I hate most about training for a long-distance race and actually entering races is that they all happen so early in the morning!

The walking club I belong to meets at 8 a.m. every Saturday. When we are doing long-mileage days, we frequently meet at 7 or 7:30! (Ouch!)

At the Detroit Marathon last week, my two roomies were up by 4:30! (OK, the good thing is they were ready by the time I rolled out of bed so we didn't have to fight for the bathroom. Also, because they are alert and happy morning people, I never have to rely on my alarm clock when I travel with them. Did I mention they are pleasant in the morning? How great is that!)

For about 13 weeks now, I have been up bright and early every Saturday morning to walk. The Detroit Half Marathon is over -- today I slept in. (It felt great!)

I'll be back walking with my walking club at 8 a.m. next week.

No comments: