Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ike, Obama & McCain

Sometimes the printing/mailing gods are working against you. I feel that way right now.

It all started when Hurricane Ike hit the United States. For the first time ever, a hurricane that hit Texas also took out the power in Central Ohio -- in many places for over a week. The printer I use was fine, I was fine, the mailing house was without power for 4-5 days.

Unfortunately, at this same time, all of the local mailing houses have been inundated with political mailings! It seems that Obama and McCain got in line before me. The mailing house was going to be swamped even if there was power -- then add 5 days of the stuff piling up. Ouch!

My printer is nagging the mailing facility daily on my behalf. It is out of my hands!

So, over the next couple days when you are digging through all of the political postcards filling your mailbox, realize that if it weren't for them you would have your Fall issue! I think I'll write my congressman.
_______________

Any subscriber who would like to receive the electronic version of WALK! Magazine while we are waiting for the mail, please send me an e-mail and I'll give you the access code. (I'm in Detroit this weekend, so I don't know how quick it will be.)

No comments: