Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Walk That Almost Didn't Happen

A miscommunication caused Deb and I to almost miss each other tonight. Though on Saturday we agreed to walk tonight, I didn't confirm yesterday. I did take my gym bag with me today, but I got caught up in preparing a report, and lost a little track of time.

About 5 p.m. Deb called to see where I was. Oh no! I rushed to my car, changed from my dress pants to my walking shorts while I drove. (Not safe and somewhat tricky.) I was able to throw an athletic shirt on over my work tank top, put on my shoes and I was ready to go.

Because I was late, we walked for only 30 min instead of doing our scheduled speed workout. It was probably the best decision -- my muscles were very tight and I had a hard time picking up any speed.

It felt great to get out today and I'm glad Deb waited!

No comments: