Saturday, May 09, 2009

First After-Race Walk -- Feeling Good

Today members of the Buckeye Striders met at 8 a.m. for our weekly group walk. It felt good to sleep in today! Deb has had us doing our long training walks as early at 6:45 the last couple of weeks.

We met at Tuttle Park, which is not my favorite park, but it was beautiful this morning. The bike trail here follows the river and rounds some beautiful wetlands. Everything was very green today.

We walked straight out for about 20 min., until the bike trail kind of ends in a neighborhood. We then turned around, went past the starting point for about 10 min., and returned to our starting point.

Though we had not intended to walk hard today, and we all felt a little rusty, I picked up speed as we went. At the end I felt pretty good! Worked a lot of the kinks out.

Now after a week of being hungry all the time and eating whatever I want and limited walking, I'll go back to my somewhat typical weekly workouts. And I'll replace the hill workouts of the last few weeks with speed workouts.

A week after the Flying Pig half marathon, I'm feeling pretty good!

No comments: