Saturday, March 10, 2007

First Race Tomorrow

I'm entering my first race of the season tomorrow. If I had realized that the time change was this weekend, I might not have signed up. Time changes always kill me. Anyway, it is a Run Wild Racing event, which are always well run races, and it is 5 miles. I'll have to add a couple of miles once I get home.

During this week's training walks, when I tried to be fast and push my shins were VERY sore and stiff, and I just could not get moving. Even after a few minute warm up, the muscles did not relax. I'll try warming up VERY well tomorrow and see if that helps. If not, I just might be walking alone as all of my friends will be way ahead of me.

We've been very fortunate in Ohio that the weather has been fantastic. No excuses for not getting in the miles. In fact, yesterday my lunch buddies bailed on me, so I went to a park and walked for 20 min. The sun was shining and there were a lot of people there doing the same thing. Maybe I should thank them!

No comments: