Sunday, April 15, 2007

10 miles

I woke up bright and early today and immediately checked the Weather Channel to see what would be the best time to fit in my 10-mile walk. Though chilly this morning, in the low 30s, it looked like it was going rain this afternoon when it warmed up to the 40s. I decided to go early before the rain.

Again I overdressed with layers, my gator, gloves and more. I went to one of my favorite parks for the 10 miles. This is one of the few places in Columbus that has hills and since Nashville is hilly, it seemed like a good choice. It took quite a while for me to warm up today. Some sections were very windy, then I would hit a turn and suddenly be burning up. I'd work up a sweat, and then hit another windy section. There really was just no winning. It even drizzled on and off.

I finished nice and early and had the rest of the day to get things done. I was confident I had picked the best time of day to walk.

Later, the sun came out, the temps rose and no rain! In fact, the most unpleasant weather of the day was when I was walking. Oh, well, I got it in and I feel great!

No comments: