Sunday, August 19, 2007

New Shoes


When I find shoes I like, I try to stay with the same brand and style for as long as possible. It makes new shoe buying so much easier. The last few times I've purchased new shoes, I've had to change brands and styles for a variety of reasons.

I've been wearing a bright yellow pair of Brooks racing flats. I think they are called Racer ST, but it's hard to tell what the name is from looking at the shoe. (If you were at the Nashville Marathon, I was the walker with the yellow shoes.)

Yesterday I went to FrontRunner to buy a new pair. I took my Brooks with me to ease the replacement process. Well, the store doesn't carry this particular shoe. (Darn!) But the great sales person had some ideas for other shoes I might try.

I ended up going back to New Balance for the 902. They have a little more control than the Brooks shoe. (Isn't it amazing how they can tell by your shoe that you need more control?) They are not as light, but I do half marathons so I will probably be happier wearing these for long distances. Oh, and they are NOT bright yellow. They are bright blue!

It's a good thing I don't coordinate my walking clothes with my shoes!

No comments: