Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Walking in Favorite Park, Again

Though we were supposed to do speed workouts today, we didn't because of my swollen knees. I'm giving myself a couple more days of my own personal rehab, and if it doesn't work I'll see the doctor.

The weather was beautiful! Temps in the low 70s, high 60s, the sun was shining, the breeze felt great. It was the perfect day for a walk! We walked three 1.2 mile loops around the small lake in about 54 min. (Neither of us could work the chronograph on our watches so it's an estimate. My other sports watches are more user friendly.)

I'm trying harder to walk every day, even if it is just around the block. So far this week, I'm doing pretty well! (Yesterday I walked to the grocery store and with the kids in the neighborhood after dinner.)

I need to keep up my base mileage/fitness until we begin training for the New Albany Walking Classic Half Marathon later this month.

No comments: