Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm a Poser

I'm a poser!

At least I felt like a poser today. Let me explain.

I needed to get in 4 miles today. I also needed to return library books. So my plan was to walk the 1 mile to the library, return the books, do two laps around the park and walk home. Because I would not be racewalking, I decided to wear heavy shoes, jeans and a sweatshirt.

As I walked around the park, I encountered a couple racewalkers heading toward me. They had great form and were moving fast. Though I was excited to see racewalkers, I felt like a … fitness walker! Not only was I wearing the wrong shoes (I couldn't flex my feet) but honestly, who racewalks in jeans. The last thing I looked like was a “racewalker.” I didn't say anything to the fast walking women because of my appearance. There's no way they would believe I was anything more than what I looked like.

But, if I see them there in the future, and I'm in form, I’ll definitely say “hi.”

No comments: