Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Warm Day in Columbus

What a beautiful early evening for a 3-mile walk! Temps in the 70s, though it was windy. Again I was overdressed in light leggings and a very lightweight long-sleeved technical shirt. Last night when I packed my gym bag, I thought it would be cooler out today.

I had also forgotten to pack a pair of athletic socks and ended up wearing my dress socks. Can you say "blisters"? Yep! I'm getting a blister on the inside edge of both heels. Good thing we walked just 3 miles.

It was fun to get back to walking with Deb again!

___________________

My knees felt great until I sat down in this desk chair tonight. I wonder if the chair is the wrong height. It always feels as if my knees are more strained in this chair. I'll try lowering it.

I'm not overly worried about the swollen knees. This happens every year in the spring when I increase my training for the first half marathon of the year. As the muscles around my knee strengthen, it will go away.

In the meantime, I need to get out either my icepack or the frozen peas.

No comments: