Thursday, July 17, 2008

Baseball and Good Intentions

Because someone decided to smash the windshield of one of our cars while it was parked in front of our house, we have been playing "musical cars" until it could be fixed. That led to my needing to get to my son's baseball game but not having a vehicle to drive. I needed to get in some walking tonight anyway (per our New Albany training program) so I wasn't worried.

I put on a pair of shorts and walking shoes and enthusiastically head off toward the baseball diamond. About 5 min from home, my daughter called to say she was off work and would I like a ride. I declined thinking traffic was way too bad -- I was confident I would get to the game before her.

About 20 min later I realized I was still more than 20 min from the diamond and the game would start in 10 min. ARGH!

I gave in. I called my daughter again and asked where she was -- 5 min from my location! She stopped to pick me up and we drove to the game. We arrived just in time to see my son at bat!

Our son's team won by one run, and he will be playing for the championship Saturday -- about the time the Buckeye Striders are scheduled to walk!

I'm too tired to come up with a cute conclusion to this. Let's just say, as much as I enjoy baseball, I'm glad the season is nearly over. It is starting to interfere with my training schedule and my son's games do take priority most of the time. But if you are near the NCS baseball championship game Saturday morning -- come over and say Hi. I'll be the loudest mom cheering for the Cubs.

No comments: