Saturday, July 26, 2008

Early Saturday -- Great Walk!

The Buckeye Striders had a great turnout at 7:30 a.m. today for our weekly walk! We usually meet to walk at 8, but because several of us are training for the New Albany Half, we needed to get in 6 miles today (at a "not so easy" pace) and met early to get it in.

It was a little bit chilly when we first head out to Franklin Park, but it was comfortable by 7:30. What I like about this park is the loop is about 1.2 miles, so it is easy for anyone who arrives late to go the opposite direction and catch up with us pretty quickly.

Unfortunately, we didn't know there was major construction at the park, and the loop was cut short. Part of the path/road we walk on had huge pot holes and a small section was muddy. (We walked single file through the one dry spot.) So instead of measuring out 5 loops at 6 miles, we walked for 1:30 min. I think we were faster than a 15-min mile, but I'm not confident it was "not so easy." I'll say we walked 6 miles in my training log.

Still it was really nice! I don't see most of these people often enough, and I really like them. We went out to breakfast afterward, and it was a great start to a beautiful Saturday.

No comments: