Wednesday, March 17, 2010

5 Miles and Partial Hills

Deb, Elaine and I started out doing hills tonight at Griggs Reservoir. We did a half-mile warmup, but after two laps, I was tired. The hills were a little too much for me today.

We decided to walk on the flat section and ended up walking 4.5 miles on relatively flat roads along with the half mile of hills. I felt a little better that we walked farther than typical since I was the wimp who wanted to stop the hills.

The sun was shining and the temps were in the 60s. The traffic was not bad, and we assumed a lot of regulars were probably out drinking green beer today instead. In fact, a couple of the people we saw seemed to be at the park after hanging out at a bar all afternoon.

I always enjoy walking with Deb and Elaine and the beautiful weather made it even better!

No comments: