Monday, March 08, 2010

Walking in Sunshine!

Today was beautiful! As soon as I arrived home, I put on walking clothes and went out the door.

I didn't want to waste a minute of sunshine, so I decided to walk to the library park, do one lap and return home for a little over 3 miles. The sidewalks were finally completely clear which was a very nice change.

About half a block from home I was feeling chilly and almost went back for a jacket, but I just did not want to waste the time. I also hoped I'd be moving fast enough that I would get too warm and be glad I didn't go back.

I was feeling a little stiff today from Saturday's race, so I took it fairly easy.

Once at the park, I was surprised at how much snow was still left on some sections of the trail. I had to really slow down to get through the slush and in many places pretty deep puddles. These must have been sections that are mostly in shade.

The walk was uneventful other than being unusually sunny for this time of year. It was wonderful to be outside in the sunshine. It was also wonderful to have the opportunity to racewalk! The combination of the two really made my day.

No comments: