Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chilly!!!!

It was sunny and beautiful today, so I decided to head out to Antrim Park to walk. It was a little bit breezy at home, so I wore a long-sleeved shirt and long pants. I stepped out of my car and just about died -- it was chilly! And that wind blew right through my sleeves!

It was so chilly, I almost went back home. Then I thought about the advice I give other people -- walk for 10 min and if you still want to quit, then you can quit. I park at the top parking lot and it took a minute or two to get to the walking trail. It was cold and again I almost turned around.

I took a pebble out of my shoe and started walking. The wind was even stronger in those first few minutes. I would have turned around, but that would have meant the wind would be in my face instead of at my back, so I kept going. Because the trail is around the lake, the wind can feel especially brutal at times as it blows across the water. At the point of no return, I was out of the wind -- for a little while.

The good news is, I was so cold I tried to walk fast. (It wasn't super speedy, but it is faster than I have been for a while.) Once I was out of the wind, I was a little too hot, but that did not last long. I alternated between being too hot and too cold for two laps and decided it was time to quit.

So, glad I went, but disappointed I dressed inappropriately and had to cut it short.
______________

I've written about how the first couple miles of each walk can be difficult. Today I didn't experience that. I'm wondering if my recent difficulties have been weather related or mental?

No comments: