Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Hour

Tonight I walked for an hour in our neighborhood. It can be hard to walk for that long in a neighborhood as small as ours without heading out onto some busy roads. I wasn't in the mood for that.

So, I passed the kids with the broken bike three times (in my defense, I stopped to help them once and another neighbor did the same), went by the elementary school three times and went up and down a couple of other streets a few times to break up the monotony.

The first 30 minutes were rough because I was tired from the day. The middle 15 minutes wasn't bad! I felt strong and my form was good. The last 15 minutes were rough as I tried to keep going. I was bored. It is hard to keep going when you are close to home AND you are bored.

When I stopped my watch in the driveway it was 59:56. Oh well, I was close.

No comments: