Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Competing with Neighbors

I opted to do a casual walk around the neighborhood tonight. I was so casual, I wore jeans.

There were so many people out walking, I was amazed at not only the number, but also the number of them I have never seen out before. It was pretty cool seeing all of these walkers -- until the fast walking woman in the cute walking outfit came up behind me and passed me. Yep -- she passed me!

As she passed I was thinking, "She thinks she's so fast -- if I weren't taking it easy today, I'd be passing her." I almost picked up my pace, but as I said earlier, I was wearing blue jeans. Who can be fast in blue jeans?

I don't know why it mattered. I don't look down on the other neighborhood walkers, why would I assume she would look down on me? Besides, can't there be more than one fast walker in our neighborhood?

Despite the mature attitude I would love to have, I think I'll be out walking the neighborhood at the same time over the next few weeks. Yes, I'll be wearing my shorts, my fastest shoes and I'll be using my best form.

3 comments:

kistopher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kistopher said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.